Guest post written by Stephanie Ziajka, Owner/Author/Editor of The Diary of a Debutante
We all know that woman who always gives the best presents. It’s unanimous. Nobody knows where she shops or how she comes up with her ideas, but her presents are always extraordinary. The truth is that the art of creative gift giving is far more tedious than most recipients realize. Finding unique gifts at affordable prices can be extremely difficult, so luckily a handful of Etsy shops have become my personal mecca for homemade presents on a budget. Believe it or not, there are over 1.5 million Etsy shops filled with specially curated inventories, and with the holiday season upon us, their platform can serve as your personalized gift giving marketplace—if you know where to look. Here is a list of ten of the best Etsy shops for finding cool and unique gifts on a budget:
1. Newton and the Apple: Inspired by the likes of science and nature, Newton and the Apple makes fun and personalized gifts by hand for everyone in your life – including those hard-to-please math nerds (like me, so I’m not judging). For under $50, you can send in a recording of your voice and they’ll create a striking piece of wall art or jewelry using the sound waves of your “secret” message. You can choose any sound you’d like—from your baby’s heartbeat to a recording of you saying, “I love you.” Additionally, you can opt to add a text translation, as well as choose the color of your print, to create a completely customized gift.
2. The Hometown Haven: Hometown pride will never go out of style. Thanks to The Hometown Haven’s Etsy shop, you can order fashionable state silhouette jewelry for anyone with a love for their roots for under $30. The best part? They will cut out a tiny little heart over the city of your choice!
3. Lulusimon Tees: Looking for witty t-shirts? Look no further than the Lulusimon Tees Etsy shop. Lulusimon designs and sells graphic tees, tanks, and sweatshirts at affordable prices (ranging anywhere from $20 to $50). All styles are available in a variety of color and font combinations, and you can request a custom top for no additional charge.
4. Le Papier Studio: Le Papier Studio specializes in transforming cherished memories from your most special moments into unique keepsakes and personalized artwork. Their custom silhouette ornaments, art prints, and stationery, which all cost under $30, are perfect one-of-a-kind gifts for anyone on your shopping list.
5. Modern Pink Paper Personalized Stationary: Modern Pink Paper designs absolutely adorable personalized stationery, thank you cards, wedding stationery, and printed envelopes for under $25 per set. You select the design, ink color, and envelope to create a unique bridesmaid, hostess, birthday, graduation, or just because gift for anyone with an affinity for hand-written notes.
6. Miss Poppy Design: Miss Poppy Design is a boutique graphic design studio specializing in branding, web design, stationery, and affordable knick-knacks for creative professionals. This is the Etsy shop where you’ll find all those highly coveted, Instagram-famous photo prints and props at affordable prices.
7. Sunshine Vinyl: Monograms are an easy way to add a touch of personalization to any gift; however, engravings and factory monogramming can be pricey. Sunshine Vinyl hand makes monogram decal stickers for anywhere between $2 and $15, depending on the size. You can gift the vinyl sticker alone or place it on a planner, charging device, etc. to make your otherwise ordinary present extra special.
8. The Blooming Beauty: Flower crowns are all the rage, and for good reason—they’re adorable. The Blooming Beauty creates handmade flower crowns and floral cat ears for under $15 per accessory. Not only do they look precious on little ones, but they make affordable and unique gifts for concert goers and brides-to-be!
9. Canning Crafts: If you’re really limited by a budget, homemade gifts are the way to go. However, if you’re looking to impress with both your thoughtfulness and presentation, check out Canning Crafts’ Etsy shop. They have colorful adhesive canning labels, which are perfect for dressing up your jam, jelly, salsa, and fresh canned goods, for all sizes of mason jars.
10. Occasional Reporter: Although this is the least affordable Etsy shop on the list, the Occasional Reporter may be my favorite. For under $100, she will preserve your special memories with a made-to-order, front-page newspaper keepsake. From wedding days to milestone birthdays, these handmade newspaper prints make truly amazing gifts that will be cherished forever.
For more cool and unique gift ideas, check out the SHOPPING FEED at myWebRoom.
About the Author:
Stephanie Ziajka is the fashion and southern lifestyle blogger behind The Diary of a Debutante. She’s a mathematically-minded entrepreneur, advocate for Eating Disorder Awareness, and old-fashioned debutante with an affinity for classic style, sparkles, and helping others.