Awesome content hand picked by the myWebRoom team.
Hi, Roommates! Since our team is made up of artists of all kinds, we felt it was fitting to focus on bringing you our favorite artistic articles today. If you love art, check out these incredible pieces. We hope you love them as much as we do!
Found in: Arts
1. Millions of Dots Form Intricate Pen Drawings to Raise Environmental Awareness: The complexity of these political and environmentally revealing drawings by artist Kyle Leonard are sure to blow you away – especially when you realize that they are comprised solely of tiny dots. Each drawing can take him up to 100 hours to create and each one is an outlet through which he speaks his truth about the world.
2. I Make an Origami Crane to Describe Every Day: If you thought that all origami cranes looked alike, think again. These stunning cranes incorporate feathers, strings, flowers and more to reflect the mood and emotions of the artist behind the masterpieces.
3. Juxtapoz Magazine – In The Magazine: Crystal Wagner: If you love unique and groundbreaking pieces of art, then take some time to check out Crystal Wagner’s beautiful and haunting sculptures. The organic and earthy-inspired pieces make you feel like you’re taking a walk in nature and will conjure up the entire range of human emotion.
4. Welcome to Dismaland: A First Look at Banksy’s New Art Exhibition Housed Inside a Dystopian Theme Park: We couldn’t create a list of recent art pieces that inspired us and not mention everyone’s favorite street artist, the infamous Banksy. Banksy’s newest art exhibition is a twisted play on Disneyland that is far from the happiest place on Earth.
5. We 3D-Printed A Chess Set With Tiny Flower Pots As Chess Pieces: These miniature herbs and succulents might be the sweetest chess pieces that we’ve ever seen. These 3D-printed chessman will take your chess game to the next level when you assign not only a different look to each one, but also a different scent and taste!
6. Delicate Layered Paper Sculptures of Birds and Other Animals by Calvin Nicholls: Prepare to be awed when you set your gaze upon these gorgeous and intricate paper sculptures of animals. Using only paper, scissors, and an X-ACTO knife, artist Calvin Nicholls spends up to two years carefully and deliberately placing each piece until he has built up a masterpiece.
7. This is What Disney Princes Would Look Like in Real Life: These lifelike drawings by artist Jirka Väätäinen will forever change the way you think about Aladdin, Prince Charming, the Beast, and more. Who’s your favorite hunk?
8. Desert Festival Photography: It’s that time of the year again where artists and festival-goers alike escape the real world and gather together in the Black Rock Desert for eight days of self-exploration and creativity. That’s right, it’s Burning Man! Can’t be there this year? Enjoy some of this stunning photography taken by community members at this year’s gathering.
9. Digital Butterfly Exhibits: Take a walk through this art exhibit and feel like you’ve stepped foot into a magical forest as you find yourself surrounded by millions of digital butterflies. The colorful, twinkling display reacts to guests entering the room. Will you make them soar or whither?
10. 100,000 Giant White Balloons Fill Covent Garden’s 19th Century Market Building: Take a walk through France’s Covent Garden and feel the wonder as puffy white clouds bobs gently overhead. 100,000 illuminated balloons fill the roof of the historic market building and set the cheerful ambiance as guests do their shopping.
Think we missed something? Leave a comment or connect with us on social media to let us know!