Awesome content hand picked by the myWebRoom team.
Going away to school is both fun and scary! We’ve rounded up some super helpful sites that offer great tips to help your transition from home to college a smooth and easy process.
Found in: Learning
1. Campus Explorer: School is expensive, but one way you can alleviate some of your financial stress is by finding scholarships. Campus Explorer has an easy to navigate list of scholarships that you can apply for! What are you waiting for? Go get that cash!
2. Looksharp: If you’re in school and you are interested in getting good experience with an internship, then you should check out this article by Emily Kong. She gives great details of what it will take to make the most out of your experience. When you’re done reading the article you can browse around Looksharp to find an internship, part-time job, and work related resources to help advance your career.
Found in: Tech News
3. Macworld 12 Must-have Gadgets For Your New College Dorm: Laptops are important, but you’re going to need much more than that when moving into your student apartment. These gadgets will make dorm living much, much easier.
Found in: Shopping
4. College Fashion: Dorm rooms are boring, but you can remedy that by adding your own style to the walls. This blog over at College Fashion gives you great tips on how to acquire cheap art so you can dress up your student apartment walls.
5. Gift Card Nanny: Companies realize that student wallets need a little break. Gift Card Nanny has a great list of 95 places where you can get discounts on laptops, movie tickets, food, phones, and more!
Found in: Hobbies & Crafts
6.PopSugar Home: Adding a little bit of your own style to your dorm room will really help when are feeling homesick. These design hacks are an awesome way to express your individuality!
Found in: News
7. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Packing for school can be tough. You want to take everything, but really your options are limited. Give these 5 packing tips a read to maximize what you’re bringing.
8. Huffington Post College: During your college days, your money is going to be a little tight. This article has 20 money saving tips that will help you get through those long semesters!
9. The Northern Light: Some people struggle with why they are going to college. This article encourages you to find your reasons for getting a college degree to help keep you motivated.
10. Observer: When you walk into your first college class your emotions will be all over the place. These 10 tips will help you get through the initial phase of shock you may experience.
College is going to be the best time of your life. You should take it seriously, but also enjoy it. Remember you’ve worked hard to get where you are. In a few short years you’ll have your degree and no one can ever take that away from you.
Think we missed something? Leave a comment or connect with us on social media to let us know!