A weekly roundup of the most saved content on myWebRoom
Found In: Pop Culture
1. Fear the Walking Dead is the biggest cable series premiere ever: Have you ever wondered how the zombie apocalypse started in The Walking Dead? Well, you’re not alone! Over 10 million people tuned in for the AMC prequel, Fear the Walking Dead!
Found in: Tech
2. Open Bionics robotic hand for amputees wins Dyson Award: 3D printing is really going to change the world and the Open Bionics robotic hand proves it! Right now robotic hands cost between $30,000 and $90,000, the Open Bionics will cost around $3,000.
3. Mexico Is Using Drones To Protect Sea Turtle Nests: Whether you love drones or hate drones, the Mexican government is using them to prevent illegal poaching of sea turtle eggs.
Found In: Sports
4. Philadelphia 76ers’ D-League Team Offers Rapper Lil B a Tryout: The Bay Area known as Lil B The BasedGod was invited to try out for the Philadelphia 76ers D League team the 87ers. If he makes the team he’ll be able to add professional basketball player to his already impressive resume of author, record producer, and motivational speaker. Good luck Lil B!
5. Seth Rollins vs. Sting Announced for WWE Night of Champions 2015 PPV: WWE Fans are in for a real treat! Sting made his WWE debut at Wrestlemania 31 earlier this year, but it was just announced that he is going to be taking on Seth Rollins at Night of Champions September 20th, 2015, in Houston Texas.
Found In: Games
6. e-Sports hit NYC’s big ‘League,’ Madison Square Garden: If you’ve ever doubted the legitimacy of Esports, you may want to think again. Over 11,000 fans packed the arena to watch the League of Legends Championship!
Found in: News
7. Coca-Cola to replenish 100% of water it uses 5 years earlier than planned: Corporations are becoming more and more environmentally conscious, but Coca Cola is making big strides. By using over 200 projects in 61 countries, Coca Cola has replenished 94% of the water they’ve used.
8. Watch out for huge airfare deals as airlines stage fare wars: Love to travel? Then get ready to get excited! Thanks to the lowest oil prices in over six years, airlines are able to reduce costs and pass the savings on to consumers!
9. Boy trips, punches hole in $1.5 million painting: It was a bad day for everyone at the Huashan 1914 Creative Park in Taipei. A 12-year-old boy accidentally punched a hole in a $1.5m painting after he tripped and fell near the work of art. The good news is that the painting is insured and restorations are underway!
Found In: Art & Design
10. Japanese Artist Carves Pearls Into Skull Jewelry: Upcycling is an amazing way to give new life to something forgotten. Shinji Nakaba does just this with his unique art. He not only uses precious metals and stones, but also cans, bottles, and garbage.
Think we missed something? Leave a comment or connect with us on social media to let us know!