Awesome content hand picked by the myWebRoom team.
Between school, work, and life, getting things done isn’t always easy. That’s especially true when your to-do list is starting to look like War and Peace. To help you turn that epic to-do list into an already done list, we found some of the best apps, products, and sites out there to help you get organized, be productive, and meet all of your most ambitious goals.
Found In: Apps & Gadgets
1. Headspace: This free meditation app is here to here to help you conquer the stress and everyday distractions that are limiting your productivity and focus. With advances in science and technology, meditation isn’t just for monks anymore – more and more, scientists are finding evidence that meditation and mindfulness help to increase personal well-being and focus. Headspace, available for iOS and Android devices, helps you bring these benefits to your life.
2. Todoist: Millions of people are already using Todoist to take control of their to-do lists and get things done. This elegantly designed free app works across more than 15 web and mobile platforms to help you create tasks, set priorities, achieve your goals, and visualize your productivity between home, school, and work.
3. RescueTime: Living efficiently in the digital world means being aware and taking control of the distractions that the wide world of apps and social media create. We’ve suggested this app before as an amazing way to get serious about focusing your time and improving your productivity, and we still think it’s one of the best options out there. Available for free on iOS and Android devices, RescueTime runs in the background on your devices to track and help you control your online activity.
4. Dashlane: You live your life online, but how much of that life are you wasting keeping track of and remembering all of your passwords and managing all of your payment information? Even worse: how much of that time do you save by holding onto weak or duplicate passwords that make your personal information easy to hack? Dashlane is a free, secure password manager and digital wallet that allows you to keep your online world organized and safe, so you can spend your precious time doing better things.
5. Noisli: We’ve all been there before: you have your morning coffee, you’re ready to take on the day, and you sit down to get in the zone for a super productive day. Then the person across from you won’t stop sniffling, the phones around you keep buzzing, and the horns start blaring outside. Available on the web and for iOS and Android devices, Noisli is a background noise generator that makes itself your best productivity companion by allowing you to control the sounds that occupy your space, from rainfall to rustling leaves to white noise.
Found In: Interior Design
6. Writey Board: Apps are great, but to truly be organized and productive in your everyday life, you need tools that you can use when you’re offline. Perfect for taking notes, creating to-do lists, brainstorming, and scheduling on the fly, the awesome variety of white boards and accessories from Writey Board will keep you connected to the things that you need to get done at home and work even while your phone keeps you connected to everything else.
Found In: Life Hacks
7. Personal Planner: An old-fashioned pen-and-paper personal planner is still one of the best ways to set your schedule and keep track of all of your most important tasks. We all know it’s true: when you actually write something down, you just remember it better. Finally, thanks to the wide variety of amazing and unique personalized design options at Personal Planner, it doesn’t have to feel old-fashioned anymore!
Found In: College Life
8. College Info Geek: Between school, family, friends, work, and the rest of your life, you’re always working hard to keep a lot of balls in the air. Thomas Frank is here to help with College Info Geek, a comprehensive online resource, blog, and podcast that helps students get things done without going crazy. From study tips to interview advice to college loan management, Thomas is the expert you need to better manage your life and your studies.
Found In: Motivation
9. Productivityist: Getting organized is a lot more than just time-management. Being productive is a lot more than just getting things done. Check out the tools, blog, and podcast at Productivityist if you want to take the next step in your personal development and start living in a way that helps you get the right things done so you have the freedom to do more of the things you enjoy most.
10. A Life of Productivity: Chris Bailey started his site as A Year of Productivity with the simple goal to become more productive and help others do the same. That one-year project turned into a lifelong commitment that has inspired acclaim from The New York Times, TED Talks, and none other than the College Info Geek himself. Just take a look at Chris’s amazing assortment of productivity experiments and you’ll see why A Life of Productivity is unique from every other site out there.
Find more links to awesome technological content in the Apps and Gadgets feed on myWebRoom.
Think we missed something? Leave a comment or connect with us on social media to let us know!