Getting your home ready for the holidays is a necessary tradition for everyone. Getting good Christmas inspiration is sometimes difficult when you’re looking at the same decor options year after year. Here is a selection of modern decoration ideas that will change how you arrange your home for Christmas from now on.
1. Whimsical Wonderland Tabletop: Want to add more color to your Christmas decor this year? Here’s an idea from clever minds at Coco + Kelley for a more magical layout that brings back that sense of wonder to the classic color pallet of the season. This tabletop setting will look great as a basis for a larger home setup you could create.
2. White and Pink Table Setting: To go further with the nontraditional but super-creative color schemes, check out this white and pink Christmas table setting from Celebrations At Home. The baseline colors give you a lot of freedom to toss in soft accent colors like gold, silver, and greys.
3. Neutral Rustic Christmas: A lot of people like to go rustic for the holidays. The Liz Marie Blog has great ideas on how to give your home a country Christmas feel. Wood and natural fiber cloth help to make a home setup feel far more earthy and modest.
4. White and Silver Christmas: If you prefer a more white and silver style, then consider this vignette from Two Twenty One. These miniature trees pair well a snowy tree and soft mint accents. Sometimes an understated design is the key to success.
5. Gold Christmas Decor: Nothing shines like gold! For a warm winter layout, try out these tips from Lolly Jane. She lays out a detailed tour of an epic DIY gold-plated home. You’ll also find good inspiration on what colors you can pair with this unique holiday design.
6. Contemporary Tablescapes: Some people are all about the contemporary design look, so we wanted to include this link to the Detail Collective’s awesome post detailing a modern Christmas tabletop. These inspirational tips include aspects of traditional appeal with an updated feel that incorporates a lot of the DIY appeal we see today.
7. Best Christmas Wreaths: What is more Christmas than a wreath? Add your personal style to this time-honored holiday tradition with inspiration from these fantastic ideas from The English Room. The ways that writer Holly Phillips found to customize a wreath may surprise you!
8. White Like a Unicorn Holiday: If you’re ready for a white Christmas, then check out this slideshow from Glitter Guide that has a nice little spin on it. Even if you don’t adopt the unicorn theme, everything about this is magical and could easily be incorporated into your own personal style.
9. Brilliant Scandinavian Christmas: We suggested this one for a good Christmas Party design, but it also makes for a hearty home decor style, too. One Kindesign runs down some pretty inventive ways of bringing the Scandinavian style of incorporating art into the baseline design of rustic interiors. Totally worth a look.
10. Budget-friendly Christmas Decor Ideas: Striking a balance between price and style can be a challenge, so Refresh Restyle has collected some cost-effective ways of having an awesome home for Christmas on the cheap. Being on a budget doesn’t mean that you can’t decorate your home like the professionals.
You can find a lot more home stylings in this Holiday Inspiration folder when you visit our mWR Christmas Party Room. You can find over a hundred more links to help you prep for the season. From gift ideas, to seasonal games, to DIY ideas, you’ll be able to find everything you need here. Check it out!